- The four categories in Overview Categories above are based on the existing school systems in Europe.
- Since there are distinct differences between the systems, some compromises had to be made.
- If you are unsure about what category to enter your materials in, please contact the chairman for advice.
What materials can be entered?
Learning materials are defined as any kind of resource such as:
- A book or a set of books (textbook, workbook, teacher's resource book, etc are billed as one book)
- A package including different sorts of components in print and in electronic form (books, CDs, DVDs, online resources)
- A purely digital learning resource to be used in school or as self-study material (with or without LMS)
General advice for entering materials.
- When material is entered, the jury does not look at a text- or workbook as a single item but at the material for the whole program/course.
- It is advisable to list all the components of the material you want to enter, be it textbook or online resource or tablet app or teacher's book or game.
- Please note that the appraisal process starts in April and ends in July.
- If your materials are in beta version and cannot be judged because of technical problems, it might be advisable to enter them a year later.
- For this year's BELMA competition, only titles with a publication date from last year or from the currant year will be accepted. An exception may be made when a complete program is entered where some of the individual titles have an earlier publication date.
Conditions and pricing for participating
- You apply to enter the competition by filling in & sending the on line registration form before 18. 6. 2021.
- Each participating learning material must have been published in last or the current year for the first time.
- The price for participation is 400 Euros ( members: 240 Euros) for the first entry/title. The participation fee for following entries in any category is 320 Euros ( members: 190 Euros). If you are entering more than one title, the system will recognize that and automatically charge the correct reduced amounts.
- There is no limit on the number of learning materials participating from each publisher.
- If you register bevor April 25th you will receive a special discount of 10% on all your entries.
Important! Once you have received the e-mail of confirmation and the bill, prepare the following items:
- 3 sets of the title or 4 access codes for online materials
- To make things easier you can alternatively upload your book-entry as PDF during the registration process, when you are asked to upload the title page and a 2 page spread. If your entry is a set of books (textbook, workbook, teacher's resource book, etc), make sure to put all parts into one compressed file, like MAIN_TITLE.zip etc.
- send printed material to the chairman of the BELMA jury:
Jean-Claude LASNIER /BELMA
6bis, rue des Narcisses
F. 76430 La Remuée- France
- An invoice will be issued once you have registered.
- Payments should be made via bank direct deposit within 14 days after registration but before the 30. 6. 2020 as the latest and must be made out to the beneficaries specified on the invoice.
Important dates for BELMA 2021
- Registration for BELMA Awards will be possible on this website from 8. 2. 2021
- Deadline for Registration:
. 5. 2021
- Deadline for payment:
. 7. 2021
- Deadline for Product Shipment:
4. 6. 2021
- Proclamation of the Winners: 20. 10. 2021 at the Frankfurt Book Fair (hall 4.2) or, if necessary, like in 2020 online.
Questions about entering the Best European Learning Materials Awards?
Tel +33 6 878 09 252