The category comprises the second half of primary education (children are typically 8 - 10) and the first years in single structure education and in some cases lower secondary education (children up to 11 or 12).
- In Germany this would be 3rd and 4th year of
Grundschule and the first two years of
- In Turkey, similarly 3rd and 4th year of
Ilkokul and the first two years of
- In Spain, this would be the last four years of
- In France this would be four years of
École élémentaire and the first year of
- In some countries, where compulsory education starts earlier like in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, this category starts in the 3rd year of
Osnovna skola or similar institutions.
- In England and Wales, the category would be adequate for materials for
key stage 2.
- In Hungary this category would be for the last three years of