- The four categories in Overview Categories above are based on the existing school systems in Europe.
- Since there are distinct differences between the systems, some compromises had to be made.
- If you are unsure about what category to enter your materials in, please contact the chairman for advice.
What materials can be entered?
Learning materials are defined as any kind of resource such as:
- A book or a set of books (textbook, workbook, teacher's resource book, etc)
- A package including different sorts of components in print and in electronic form (books, CDs, DVDs, online resources)
- A purely digital learning resource to be used in school or as self-study material (with or without LMS)
General advice for entering materials.
- When material is entered, the jury does not look at a text- or workbook as a single item but at the material for the whole program/course.
- It is advisable to list all the components of the material you want to enter, be it textbook or online resource or tablet app or teacher's book or game.
- Please note that the appraisal process starts in February and ends in July.
- If your materials are in beta version and cannot be judged because of technical problems, it might be advisable to enter them a year later.
- For the BELMA 2017, only titles with a publication date of 2016 or 2017 will be accepted. An exception may be made when a complete program is entered where some of the individual titles have an earlier publication date.
Conditions for participating
- You apply to enter the competition by filling in & sending the on line registration form before the 5th of May 2017.
- Each participating learning material must have been published in 2016 or 2017 for the first time.
- The price for participation is 500 Euros (members: 300 Euros) for the first entry/title. The participation fee for following entries in any category is 400 Euros (members: 240 Euros). If you are entering more than one title, please do so in one registering session, otherwise the system will not recognize the second entry as coming from the same participant and will not charge the lower fee for multiple entries.
- There is no limit on the number of learning materials participating from each publisher.
Important! Once you have received the e-mail of confirmation and the bill, prepare the following items:
- 3 sets of the title or 4 access codes for online materials
- Print-PDF files (min. 300 DPI). This material will be used to print posters and certificates, so please make sure they have sufficient resolution or they will not look good when printed.
- of the cover
- another file with the same resolution of your favourite 2-page spread
- for online titles you may print the cover and an example from the website to a high-res PDF-file
- send them to the chairman of the BELMA jury:
Jean-Claude LASNIER /BELMA
6bis, rue des Narcisses
F. 76430 La Remuée- France
- An invoice will be issued once you have registered.
- Payments should be made via bank direct deposit within 14 days after registration but before the 19th of May 2017 as the latest and must be made out to the beneficaries specified on the invoice.
Important dates for BELMA 2017
- Registration for BELMA Awards will be possible on this website from January 18th 2017
- Deadline for Registration: 5. May
- Deadline for payment: 19. May
- Deadline for Product Shipment: 19. May
- Proclamation of the Winners: on October 11, at the Frankfurt Book Fair (hall 4.2)
Questions about entering the Best European Learning Materials Awards?
Tel +33 6 878 09 252