Best European Learning Materials Awards - 2017
The Best European Learning Materials Awards (
) competition, co-organised by the
Frankfurt Book Fair
(the International Association for Research on Textbooks and Educational Media) and the
(European Educational Publishers Group) is open to all educational publishers in Europe.
In 2016, there was a tremendous variety of learning materials from different subjects, types of materials and categories. We hope that for 2017 the entries will be as interesting and as challenging for the jury as they were last year. Please remeber that the jury reads all European languages and alphabets, so you can hand in any type of material relevant for your contry. To give more non EEPG members a chance to compete, we have slightly changed the price structure. Best of luck!
The 2017 competition is open from January 18th. Please register by 7th of April.
Please use the link at the end of this newsletter.
The winners of 2016
eMail address of the registering person must be in the same domain as the company if the registering person is not already in our database.
For example: the publisher has the URL
company.com , so the registering person's eMail address must be something like
company.com. If it is something like
gmail.com, the registration will be rejected. In front of the @ the name can be anything, whatever the naming convention in your company is. There is a blacklist in our system of domains that will not be accepted.
- If you are registering your company for the first time with BELMA and your company is
not an EEPG member, you need to fill out all fields in the registration masks. Please check for typos and use international characters and expressions. If you later notice there are typos, no problem, just send us an eMail with the typos and their corrections and we will take care of that, since you will not be able to modify any entry once it has been submitted.
- If you are registering
not for the first time, the auto fill function will take care of most of the general entries.
- No one (except the
webmaster) can modify entries in the registering database. So if you see information about your company that needs to be updated, send an eMail to the webmaster, specifying what information on what page needs to be changed.
First time participants:
- Even if you are taking part for the first time your company data will be filled in automatically, altough the URL issue described obove is to be observed too.
In order to save time, when registering for the BELMA Awards, please make sure you have the following pieces of information and documents within easy reach before you go on line:
Participating publishing house details
- Name of Company/Postal mailing Address/Email address
- Website address
- VAT number (very important!) including leading letters for abbreviation of the country
- First name/ Surname/ Telephone number/ Mobile phone number/ Email address/department/position
Details of each published learning materials to be entered for the BELMA competition
- Title of the publication
- ISBN number
- Educational field
- Language (language/ literature/ literacy)
- Science (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, ...)
- Arts (Design/drawing/Music, ...)
- Other fields (I.C.T, Religion, Social science/behaviour, ...)
- Types of learning materials entered (When a material is entered, the jury does not look at a text- or workbook as a single item but at the material for a whole program/course. It is thus advisable to list all the components of the material you wish to enter, be it textbook, CD or DVD, online resource or tablet app or teacher's book or game)
- Learners' book, Teacher's guide, Work book, Audio CD, CD Rom, DVD, on line free extra materials, Flashcards, posters, Tests Assessment tools, other types (please state)
- Product description. Make a clear and concise description in English of the learning materials entered (min. 200 words for each), stating
- the target public,
- the main characteristics of its components (in case of a learning materials' package)
- The specific innovative features of the materials
- BELMA Category in which you wish to enter each learning material
- Category 1: Early childhood education
- Category 2: Primary and lower secondary education
- Category 3: Secondary education (including secondary vocational education)
- Category 4: Post-secondary education (including tertiary education)
Important: Please also prepare a print-PDF of the title of your publication and also of your favourite two page spread, same goes for online/digital products, choose the most interesting screens and provide then in high-res PDF format. This material will be used to print posters and certificates, so please make sure they have sufficient resolution or they willnot look good.
Once you have gathered these necessary pieces of information, please register on line on the
After you have completed the registration process, an email will be sent out to you confirming your entry and a second one containing the bill.